Home » SEO Articles
Category Archives: SEO Articles
1) ‘Speak’ the search engines language: It makes more sense to start with on-page SEO and get it right rather than trying to convince search engines to give you better ranking with off page SEO.
Search engines are computer programs (software) and they understand a particular language. With SEO and especially on page SEO, you ‘speak’ their language and your goal is to help them understand what you website is about.
In other words the more signals you can give them, the greater are your chances of achieving better rankings.
2) On Page SEO is about the user as well: Never forget that your primary goal is to keep your users happy.
Off Page SEO may bring traffic to the website but if it is not setup correctly or if it is not user friendly, the results will be disappointing.
3) Many websites get it wrong: It’s amazing but it is true that the majority of websites today are not optimized for search engines.
Despite the plethora of information about SEO, many website owners believe that it does not worth to try SEO and they quit before starting.
For those cases on-page SEO has a lot to offer both in terms of usability and also in terms of traffic.
4) On Page SEO is sometimes all you need: If you are running a website for a small business and you need to get local customers searching for various terms on Google then on page SEO is all you might need to do.
5) Off page SEO comes after on page SEO: In order to start thinking on how you can promote your website you need to ensure that it is optimized and in good condition. So, the first step is to work with on-site SEO and then go off-site.
Search engine optimization
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
SEO isn’t just about building search engine-friendly websites. It’s about making your site better for people too. At Moz we believe these principles go hand-in-hand.
This guide is designed to describe all areas of SEO—from finding the terms and phrases (keywords) that generate traffic to your website, to making your site friendly to search engines, to building links and marketing the unique value of your site. If you are confused about this stuff, you are not alone, and we’re here to help.
- On page seo
- off page seo